Supporting microbiology education in schools
SGM's website Microbiology
Online carries resources and information for microbiology
teaching and learning at KS2, KS3, KS4 and post-16 level.
The SGM website Bioscience@Work
is packed with information and downloadable resources for microbiologists
at all stages of their careers.
Free careers resources
SGM careers resources are available free of charge
to university departments, teachers and careers advisers:
- Microbiologists make a difference (leaflet)
- Microbiologists make a difference (poster)
- Your career in microbiology (16 page booklet)
Contact the Careers Office
or order online
Promoting microbiology to the general public and schools
Science Communication Factsheets
- Are you contributing to your employer's National Science Week
activities or open days?
- Do you struggle to disseminate your results from research
council funded projects to the "wider public"?
- Do you receive invitations to speak to schools or adult groups
about your research?
- Do you need advice about microbiological safety at science
The External Relations Office has prepared a series
of information sheets (available below as PDF files) based on
the experience of Liz Sockett (SGM Education Officer 1999 - 2002)
and SGM staff.