Limited awards to contribute the full course-fees of a UKGrad national personal development residential course. Applicants must be resident and registered for a PhD in the UK. Funds are limited so early application is advised.
- All applicants must be paid up members of the SGM of at least 3 calendar months standing before the date of their application for a grant.
- Students funded by BBSRC, MRC, Wellcome Trust or EPSRC are eligible for a free place on a GRADschool course and should not apply to this scheme.
- All applicants must be resident and registered for a PhD in the UK.
Students must be in the penultimate or final year of their PhD studentship.
- Only one application for a GRADschool grant may be made
- The grant application should be made before registering on a GRADschool course.
- Retrospective applications will not be considered.
- ONE copy of the completed application form must be submitted.
- Confirmation of attendance on the course will be supplied by UKGrad. Students who did not take up their place will be required to repay their grant in full.
Recipients of GRADschool grants may also apply for a Scientific Meeting Travel grant or for a President's Fund Research Visit grant.
Applications must be made on the appropriate form, accompanied by the required supporting documents, to the Grants Office at SGM HQ. In some years the grants are cash limited so early application is advised.
Application forms available here
Last modified 7 January 2008