Postgraduate Student Conference Grants
The Postgraduate Student Conference Grants contribute towards the costs of accommodation, registration and travel of SGM Postgraduate Student Associate Members in attending one SGM Conference each year.
- The scheme is open to postgraduate students (PhD or Masters) who are paid-up Postgraduate Student Associate Members of SGM and currently residing in and registered for their course in a European Union country.
- For the Spring 2012 Conference applicants may claim for:
- up to £25 towards travelling costs
- a contribution of up to £60 per night towards cost of bed and breakfast accommodation
NB the number of nights claimed must not exceed the number of days the applicant is attending the conference.
- Associate Member early-bird registration fee
NB Grants will not cover the extra cost of registering after the earlybird deadline and applicants will be responsible for this extra cost (£10 per day).
- Grants are limited to attendance at ONE only of the 2012 conferences listed below:
- Autumn 2012 Conference, The University of Warwick, England - 3-5 September 2012
- Irish Division Conference, University College Cork, Cork - 14-16 November 2012
- Applications must be made before the start of the meeting. No retrospective claims will be considered.
- Grant recipients who do not attend the conference will be required to repay the grant in full.
- Applications must be made on the appropriate form. ONE copy of the completed application form must be submitted for consideration.
Enquires to firstname.lastname@example.org | 0118 988 1807
Download the scheme rules here
Download an application form to attend the Spring (Dublin) conference here
Application forms for the Autumn conferences will be available in May 2012
Applications should be submitted by post to Grants Office, SGM, Marlborough House, Basingstoke Road, Spencers Wood, Reading RG7 1AG, email to email@example.com or Fax to 0118 988 5656.
Closing dates for applications:
Dublin: 23 March 2012
Warwick: 31 August 2012
Cork: 9 November 2012
Undergraduate Student Members of the SGM planning to attend an SGM conference must apply for an Undergraduate Student Conference Grant using the appropriate form.
Last modified 14 November 2011